Sunday, January 4, 2009

The last 100 miles

And I am finally letting Jen drive again. Soooo ow its time to reflct and contemplate the many lessons learned on this trip. Here are just a few.

Driving an RV uphill into the wind pretty much SUCKS ASS!

You can in fact go to the used home lot and pick one out for yourself.

Between NoVa (Northern Virgina for those of you that don't know) and Barstow, Ca there are only 3 kinds of music. Country, Jesus crap, and Classic Rock (time stopped with 80's metal hair bands)

Why anyone with a clue has chosen to live on the left or right coast and not in the middle.

People in Little Rock are way too hung up on Bill

Even though we intended to get a pic of every state sign as we passed through, our sub-conscious got the better of both of us and we missed Texas. Hmmmmmm wonder why. Could it be that we blame Texas

Verizon wireless kicks AT&Ts butt when it comes to connection speed.

Despite the fact that Mazdas are invisible you can still smash them.

I can grow a NERD, but not so sure I can make him metro.



As long as she has an Internet connection my sister can entertain herself for hours and hours and hours on end.

There is a good reason I fly everywhere.

I am not sure that those of you I now that made this drive in 3 days were not wrong???

Its the side trips that really make the trip

There are places in this country that you have to drive hundreds of miles to get to Best Buy (OMG, I know)

How grateful I am for my Blackberry

Why Satellite radio exists

You can Skype while driving 70 mph

The best laid plans and blah blah blah

The hot tub awaits.......... but for now its time to log off and navigate the way home.

2 comments:

  1. You guys have made really impressive time. I imagine it really helps to have a second driver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have been 4 days. I left out a stop in Chicago. It was still fewer days than it aught to have been.

    ReplyDelete