Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tennessee here we stay! - The pictures

Apparently, leaving Knoxville was not in the cards for today. We woke up bright and early ready to hit the road, but the RV had other ideas. We may have made it about a mile and landed at a red light leaving the Wallart.

Lisa managed to force it into submission and we slowly worked our way into the Kohl's parking lot. So let's see, what that means is our list of places seen so far are now:

Walmart
Kohl's

I love tourist spots!



After unsuccessfully finding a tow truck or anyone to help us via google, Lisa did it the old fashioned way...hopped out of the RV and flagged down the guy in the "Plow Boys, Inc" truck as it was leaving Kohl's. Thank god we landed in Knoxville where the people are nice and helpful! He called some of his buddies who arranged a tow truck and found us a transmission repair center that was open. Thank you stranger!

After about 45 minutes or so, the tow truck arrived. Yay! We are saved!




The tow guy told us we weren't allowed to stay in the RV with the animals, so we had to leave them all alone and very confused! Somehow, I managed to snap this pic though so I guess it was worth it.



Yep, that is me...with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth, my computer in one hand, snapping a picture of the poor puppies. Priorities people! Look we had clear skies and no rain OR snow. Thank you weather gods!



Piled in the tow trunk and on our way. We could have gone golfing!



So yeah, it kind of sucked...and I looked a little worse for the wear but I could still manage a smile :)

-Jen

2 comments:

  1. Heh. So is it wrong that I giggled just a little bit at the places that you have visited so far - Kohls and Wal-Mart. We have those in Fredneck too, ya know...I'm just sayin'

    Oh...and my mom is following your blog too. You have a following now. :)

    ReplyDelete