Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 1

We finally got on the road. It was much later than anticipated, but preparing for a trip across country takes time I guess. All the animals are packed and so far behaving well. The birds and the cats are perched above us on the overhead bed and the dogs are resting quietly on their doggy beds.

We departed from my folks at 3:30 pm, but we haven't made it very far yet, heck, it's only been 33.4 miles. LOL.

Thank you Dad for your air card. It's working fabulously so far, and although running away to California is fun, I don't think I could do it "disconnected".

-Jen

Some highlights from today...




Leaving my house, "Bye house, I'll miss you!"




Dad and Mom checking out the RV




The electronic center



The cats and birds



Mom and Dad saying goodbye



On our way!



Going..



Going...



Gone!



Okay, not really..Lisa had to send a text..



..and I had to take a picture



...and Dad had to give us our camera back



Really gone, we swear



J.J. relaxing



Moose not so much..



We didn't get far before hitting traffic..



The last MD sunset for a few days..and more traffic.

4 comments:

  1. It is SOOOOOOO quiet here!

    Cleo wants to know "What the heck happened?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Love it. And Owen wants to know if this is your new apartment. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you need to post "miles achieved" and location every 6 hours or so. And ... since it's been 6 hours ... where the heck are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man I sure don't miss Maryland traffic. Memphis is nothing compared to up there!

    ReplyDelete